- Engage with all the senses – Even though visual merchandising focuses on aesthetic, it is a perfect opportunity to engage with your customers by using all of your senses. Ask yourself this question – how will your consumers feel when they walk into your store? According to a research, the customers who search through online websites and check the products can only see and observe with their eyes. But, when they are in an actual store, they engage with all of their senses such as hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste.
- Support with signage – The signage informs the customers of various promotions and sales. It also directs the customers to various areas of the store. Signage also supports and helps grouped products, for example, you can announce and promote a new cookbook with a huge store sign. You can group this new cookbook with some of its recipe ingredients, and etc
- Create hierarchy – You need to remember that contrasting heights and depths attract customer interest. For example, varying heights can grab the customer attention really fast, you can put baskets on the floor and fill them with products easy to sort through. If you are struggling with creating a visual hierarchy, you can use the pyramid principle as this makes products look like they are falling in the line of vision.
- Refresh layouts and displays – Once customers walk into your store, what they see, feel, smell, and hear is their direct visualization and perception. Walking into an outdated store will cause negative experience among your customers as they always expect to see something new, fresh, and modern. The changes don’t have to be drastic, but refreshing layouts and displays is always a good idea. You need to keep in mind that retail brand consistency is very important, the changes can be as nice as moving the front window displays or the signage. By updating the store layouts and the window displays on a weekly basis will give loyal consumers an exciting prospect of discovering something fresh and new.
- Make your store Instagram-ready – The purpose of visual merchandising is to convince the customers to stay in the store until they complete the purchase process, the other purpose is to motivate the customers to enter the retail store. Today, one of the most important visual merchandising tips is to make your retail store interesting and Instagram-ready. We all know that Instagram is the best visual tool for businesses and brands, start ups and retail stores, it simply helps you get your brand message wider, further, and more global. It also makes your store a must-visit destination. If your store is photogenic and Instagram-ready you can encourage the customers to post images on Instagram by using different hashtags and creating unique displays.
Home admin 2017-11-25T23:05:19+00:00